Beso Del Sol Sangria issued their summer perfect pairings challenge that it would be the perfect opportunity to get back into the kitchen with her. Beso Del Sol Sangria is a Spanish import that is blended with Tempranillo wine and 100% natural Mediterranean fruit extracts and sugar. It's not overly sweet, so it's perfect for those of you who love to add a little fruit to your sangria (we're both fans of the massive fruit salad in a glass option). The best thing about Beso Del Sol Sangria is that it's expertly mixed and perfectly portable (not to mention adorable!).
Grilled Peach and Steak Salad
2 flank or skirt steaks
4 peaches (we used white peaches)
4 cups of greens (Romaine, spinach, or spring mix works best)
1/4 cup of crumbled feta
1/2 cup good balsamic vinegar (use 1/4 cup for a less tart dressing)
1 small clove of garlic
1 tsp Dijon mustard
pinch of salt
drizzle of honey
2. Season the steak with a good amount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder (or a steak blend). Brush the steak and peaches lightly with canola oil.
3. Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Place the steak and peaches, cut side down, on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
4. Make dressing. Combine all ingredients except oil, whisk well (or put in a lidded container, and shake well.) Slowly whisk in the oil (or shake in the lidded container).
5. Once the meat reaches your desired temperature and the peaches are softened, remove the steak to a plate to rest for 5-10 minutes (cover with foil) and places the peaches on a cutting board.
6. Dice the peaches and put in a bowl with a tablespoon of the dressing (the warm peaches will soak up the flavors).
7. Dress salad with vinaigrette (to taste) and feta cheese. Slice the rested steak into strips and top the salad with the steak and diced peaches.