Fun paper lanterns at Hello Sushi
I came across today's Meatless Monday dish, Roasted Mushroom Medley (my first food post of the year - what took me so long?!), on Pinterest last summer. After filing it away in my to-make file, I forgot all about it until I saw the recipe make its away around again a few weeks ago. I decided it was finally the perfect weather for a hearty roasted veggie dish. While it's intended to be served as a side dish, I found that the mix actually makes a really delicious sandwich filling (similar to a sloppy joe, but with mushrooms instead of meat). This is a must try for all mushroom lovers!
Roasted Mushroom Medley
2 lbs mixed fresh mushrooms (I used button, shitake, and oyster)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp balsamic vinegar (I used the amazing Garlic Balsamic from Herbally Yours)
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and trim stems.
2. Slice the mushrooms into 1-2 inch pieces.
3. In an ovenproof casserole dish, mix the olive oil with the garlic, herbs, and salt & pepper. Add the mushrooms and mix well - make sure all of the mushrooms are coated with the oil.
4. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.