|2012 Harvest Bonfire at|
In honor of the start of October (which, in my mind, is the true start of fall), here are some of my favorite things about the season:
- honey crisp apples!
- it's the perfect time to wear long sleeve v-neck t-shirts, jeans, cute boots with chunky heels, hoodies & sweaters
- the crunch of leaves underfoot
- the smell of wet leaves
- cool, crisp mornings
- fall festivals
- the gorgeous colors!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks
- perfect hiking weather
- apple cider donuts & pumpkin donuts
- sunny days with a chilly breeze
- comfort food weather (turkey chili!)
- two of my favorite holidays: Halloween & my birthday :-)
- apple picking
- caramel apples
- the smell of cinnamon & cloves
- pumpkin farms & pumpkin carving
- pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin, pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins... pumpkin everything!
- awesome Halloween decorations
- drinking hot apple cider outside at night
- standing outside on a chilly & clear night and looking at the stars
- sleeping without AC or the heat with the window cracked just enough to let in the breeze
- Harvest bonfires
- lovely afternoon light streaming through the trees
|The first of many gorgeous October afternoons|
Today's Lunchtime Poll: What are your favorite things about autumn/October? What seasonal activities are you looking forward to the most this month? Do you have any favorite autumn desserts or comfort foods?